Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Participant

wolfman apologize but I can not find Post 1500 and 1850. the firmware needs to be changed or just install hs 4.o ?
      you can write back in German or we can make a new Thread for hs4 Hardware in German?

HSFanHSFan
      Participant

@Paul
        I have the same Hardware like you – an FX 160 and would like to get the HomeServer fit on my 2 GB Drive.

With DD Copy I have no glue at all how to do this.
        And with Clonezilla I never got a backup on my USB Drive,…

In the VMWare Image there are 3 partitions
        1,4 GB
        1 GB
        1 GB

Please can you or somebody else write a Step by Step tutorial how to shrink / clone the VMWare Image to a 2 GB Disc.

Thanks

goofy79goofy79
        Participant

Hi,

first of all – many thanks for your work, with your work i managed to install an HS3 and later an HS4 on a vmware virtual machine :) and it run’s very smooth.

Now i try to install the HS4 on a VIA Epia ML6000eag Board (100% compatible with the original Hardware)
          I changed the mac address of the NIC with the eeprom.exe and change the serial number of the mainboard with the smbcfg.exe :)
          I have a Compact Flash Card with 4GB on the 3th IDE port with 4 Partitions.
          32MB (FAT), 256MB (FAT) and 2x 1770MB (FAT).
          Than i install with a DOS 6.22 Boot Disk a DOS on the first partition (format c: /q /s), put the firmware files on it and copy the DOLINUX2.BAT to autoexec.bat.

All runs perfect, but if i got to the expert 4.4 software and transfer my project to the compact flash all right but after a reboot it won’t boot ?
          I think they overwrite my partitions ? If i look on the Partition with gparted the first 3 partitions are unknown.
          Have you a trick for this problem ?
          Or is here a original image from the HS4 Server ?

THX

freakhfreakh
          Participant

Does anybody have an original HS4 disk image or backup? The first partition would be helpful.

RoellerRoeller
            Keymaster

I see you can ‘buy’ a pre-installed Flash disk (in case your old one is broken;)) from: http://schmidt213.net/flash-ersatz-und-upgrade-fuer-den-gira-homeserver/

goofy79goofy79
              Participant

OK, i see this – but i already bought a DOM with 128MB.
                So perhaps is there anybody with an original image of an HS4 ?

WeeriWeeri
                Participant

What do you think of the Gira Homeserver 4 clones from *bay, is it worth it?
                  I would like to replace my HS3 (epia ML…) which worked fine for 5 years now, but seems that the powersupply will die soon, it has a buzzing noise.

sarnausarnau
                  Participant

I would just replace the power supply. There is ZERO reason to change the rest. HS4 is just a new board, because the HS3 board was no longer available to Gira.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.