linuxfreaklinuxfreak
Participant

Thanks for your reply!

It’s an original HS4 that is connected to KNX bus using a “Gira 2167 00 IP-Router” with connection to a video surveillance server. I guess HomeAssistant will be able to talk to the IP-Router as well.

What I meant that the house is not smart is that *every* room is equipped with loads KNX wall switches everywhere, a ton of switch aktors and dimaktors etc. but you need to push a button everywhere to get lights on/off. No motion detection sensors, no smart lighting switching nada. The KNX bus is wired throughout the house except for probably the places where you would like to install motion detectors, a relay to switch heating of the whirlpool on/off, a way to control the heating system and in summer the water cooling system, the driveway heating etc. So everything is in the house, it’s just not smart.

All the (wired) buttons will still be there, should the wireless detectors (motion/temp/humidity) fail.

Hence my thinking to install Home Assistant with a zigbee stick to connect wireless devices and have HA interact with the Gira HomeServer4 to switch on/off stuff.

Alternatively I could consider to ditch the HS4 and migrate to HomeAssistant but that would mean re-doing all of the configuration not an easy task on a big house unless there would be a way to pull the config from the gira and recreate it easily in another solution. I will look into the other server you mentioned.

Having 2 different home servers talking to the IP-Router/KNX bus at the same time will for sure lead to confusing problems.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by linuxfreaklinuxfreak.