Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Gira X1 is a kind “Homeserver Light”, but with a more modern and intuitive UI for accelerated configuration. It looks like Gira focusses at the moment more on X1 in order to keep up with competition in that price range. Additionally, Gira also provides a SDK for easier development of additional functionalities (Logic Blocks – LBS). One major difference to the HS is, that the X1 contains a KNX-TP interface.

However, sniffing a bit into the firmware update for the X1, some initial info (to be confirmed):

– Seems to be based on an i.mx6 ARM board (and/or compatible?)
      – Seems to be running under Linux (however, there is some mention of dual-boot in the files I looked into)
      – Different Update mechanism compared to HS (Update via GPA Software on PC)
      – ….

It might be interesting to better understand, whether the X1 could also be virtuaized or even installed on compatible hardware…

Therefore, did anyone also do some “checking”, and if so, what are your findings and conclusions?

RoellerRoeller
      Keymaster

@ur63 Do you have an X1? I have one in a test setup. Did you try to unpack the firmware which is loaded via the GPA? I think they are using MONO platform to run ASP.NET on Linux.

ur63ur63
        Participant

@Roel No, unfortunately I do not have an X1.
          Just an idea that came to mind…
          As I am not familiar with MONO and ASP.NET, how do you rate my idea – unrealistic or perhaps doable?

• This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by ur63ur63.
          RoellerRoeller
          Keymaster

@ur63 It should be do-able. At least the idea is (high over) do-able.

The X1 is just a small paltform (like a Pi or something) on which a Kernel runs with some code. Offcourse the device has the BUS connection to it but maybe we can emulate that with EIBD and route bus signals via an IP Router to the bus.
            Nils knows a lot about coding/developing, he is also active on the knx-user-forum.de. Maybe you can give him a beep ;)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.