Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi all,

Sorry if this has been covered but I looked through the entire comments thread and there seemed to be some conflicting opinion. Can you run the HS (3 or 4) connected to the bus through a USB interface? Most seemed to say it didn’t work with a lone few claiming they managed it without much detail.

melmanmelman
      Participant

At least the Experte is offering an explicit option to connect to the bus through USB. I would expect that to work…

borkenborken
        Participant

The problem, at least when running the HS as a VM, is that the HS connects to the wrong USB-device.  I also read the posts that this should be possible to alter.

However, since I was starting the HS by ISO-file mount to the virtual CD-rom, I was not able to edit the file needed (no access to the linux system before the HS main starts.

A workaround is to make your own KNX IP-GW, by using a Raspbarry PI and the EIBD software. I got that to work, at least I managed to use the ETS to program the KNX-bus through that IP-gw. The HS can then talk to this IP-GW over multicast.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.