sinn3rsinn3r
Participant

The IP router takes about one second to boot up after a power outage, a virtualized HS needs about 10 seconds to boot but the virtualization host may need longer. If there are regular power outages I recomment getting a small USV for the “server” and the KNX bus.
    The GIRA Homeserver doesn’t have a KNX interface, so there is no difference between a real hardware Homeserver and a virtualized one – though a virualized ony may be faster ;)
    Why would you need a LS100100 when you can have a Homeserver and/or Home Assistant?
    And I also don’t recommend to invest time in your own PHP software just for logic, better use it to learn how Homeserver works. I would even return or sell the BAOS and get a simple IP router/interface.

I invested some time over the holidays in getting to know Home Assistant and I really don’t like the way it has to be manually configured for KNX when dealing with alot of devices :(
    You even need Node-RED to connect KNX to Home Assistant logic, which is sad!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by sinn3rsinn3r.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by sinn3rsinn3r.