Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    Participant

xxx

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by xxxxxx.
      • This reply was modified 9 months, 2 weeks ago by xxxxxx.
      xxxxxx
      Participant

xxx

xxxxxx
        Participant

xxx

xxxxxx
          Participant

xxx

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by RoellerRoeller.
            sinn3rsinn3r
            Participant

It’s not always clear what you really mean, may be because of the double translation?
              What exactly is hard to understand? You mean the actors? It’s always a very good idea to totally read and understand the manual of each actor. When mixing different vendors it’s not always the same “style” of naming and parameterization. That’s why I personally like MDT very much, as the manual is written in a very understandable way and there are always good usage examples included.
              Or do you mean ETS?

xxxxxx
              Participant

xxx

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by xxxxxx.
                sinn3rsinn3r
                Participant

Yes, you can run HA and Homeserver (at least the version from this forum) virtualized. Plan 1GB of RAM for Homeserver, 4GB for HA, so there should be a minimum of 8GB, better 16GB RAM on your VM host. i5-10500t should be fine.

m00m00
                  Participant

If you want to save power, you can also just run Homeassistant on a Raspberry (but at least Version 3), where you COULD also run a PHP Server.
                    But i would highly advise you not to automate a smart home using PHP. Its a nice Language but just not the right tool for the job IMO.
                    Homeassistant itself can run some nice scripts and Gira Homeserver also. I would recommend Gira Homeserver if you want to focus more on “established” solutions like KNX and HomeAssistant if you want to integrate many smarthome components like Shelly, your Smart Appliances, Hue/IKEA lights, Vacuum Robots and so on, Gira HS is a bit outdated on this front.

m00

xxxxxx
                    Participant

xxx

ur63ur63
                      Participant

Gira Homeserver is connected to KNX via KNX IP-Interface.
                        You get adequate hardware (eg. Fujitsu Futro S920) for €50-100 used on ebay.
                        What type of component is the “LS100100”?

sinn3rsinn3r
                        Participant

The IP router takes about one second to boot up after a power outage, a virtualized HS needs about 10 seconds to boot but the virtualization host may need longer. If there are regular power outages I recomment getting a small USV for the “server” and the KNX bus.
                          The GIRA Homeserver doesn’t have a KNX interface, so there is no difference between a real hardware Homeserver and a virtualized one – though a virualized ony may be faster ;)
                          Why would you need a LS100100 when you can have a Homeserver and/or Home Assistant?
                          And I also don’t recommend to invest time in your own PHP software just for logic, better use it to learn how Homeserver works. I would even return or sell the BAOS and get a simple IP router/interface.

I invested some time over the holidays in getting to know Home Assistant and I really don’t like the way it has to be manually configured for KNX when dealing with alot of devices :(
                          You even need Node-RED to connect KNX to Home Assistant logic, which is sad!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by sinn3rsinn3r.
                          • This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by sinn3rsinn3r.
                          xxxxxx
                          Participant

xxx

xxxxxx
                            Participant

xxx

sinn3rsinn3r
                              Participant

I think that hs4 is the most used KNX visualisation/logic platform.
                                Youtube is full of hs4 videos. The management software ist called “Gira Experte”, it’s very oldschool, but functional. There is no web gui on the homeserver for setup. You can configure the whole homeserver without the device and then just upload the config to the hs after installation.
                                The inbuild visualisation is called “Quadclient” but you can also create your own html gui.

xxxxxx
                                Participant

xxx

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 66 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.