Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Participant

some guys made it to run HS 4.0 original firmware on native hardware (no VM image or linux installation) – so firmware update is possible

a valid Mainboard is the following:

Fujitsu D3003-S1 (€160)

copyprotection is not based on MAC adress but on dmidecode
      it is possible to program a new serial (one time only!)
      if it doesn’t work the trick is to flash a new bios and then you can change the serial once again

hsaxelhsaxel
      Participant

How can I install the firmware?

PaulPaul
        Participant

Hi,
          i use a Dell Optiplex FX 160 (it was cheap to get on ebay) and a 2 GB SSD in it.
          i start with the vmware image from here and copy it with DD to a 4 GB USB Stick.

Then boot a Partion Live Image and shrink the partions to fit into 2 GB.
          After that copy with DD the USB Stick to the internal SSD Drive an voila it works :-)

now i hope Update 4.2 next month will work anymore so i can use nativ Push in Gira App without my workaround.

And a friend of mine told me there is a chance to get the HomeServer as a Software only Product in future (to Run on NAS Devices etc.)

best

billiboybilliboy
          Participant

@wolfman gibt es dazu nähere Informationen?

atomi23atomi23
            Participant

@ paul did it run nativ or in a vm ? becouse the protection from the hs4 was serial number saved in the bios how do you get this ?

is ther maybe som other motherboard that works as hs4 ? becouse the fsc d300-s1 is very expensive and not easy to buy

PaulPaul
              Participant

hi,
                it runs on hardware (dell optiplex) without problems …
                i used the VM Image from here (other thread) and cloned it on the device.

now i’m try to install update 4.2 …

flyboy1flyboy1
                Participant

@ paul i have tried to dd HS 4.1 vm to FX160 and the system has successful booting the system from internal Disk. But i can’t communicate to the Network.. The HS Screen shows the ip of HS but i cant ping to it. Do you hve a trick of this? Its the Network Adapter compatible? Broadcom (BCM5764M)

atomi23atomi23
                  Participant

the problem is thats not native running with the vm image , the dell optiplex fx160 has a nice hardware but you can´t but the serial with the requiment leng in the bios you can set it up with the asset.exe but it cut the serial after 8 signs and the hs4 seriel is 13 lengs if i rember

PaulPaul
                    Participant

@atomi23 : you are wrong… i have at home the optiplex running with hs 4.2. without any problems! no serial changes needed…

@flyboy1 : i think i know the problem :-) you have to reset the network interface.
                      What hdd do you have running in your Dell? Try cloning with Clonezilla (http://clonezilla.org)

Download ISO File and Boot from this ISO in the VM Image (from Thread here) … then clone complete ( to usb stick ) … take this usb stick and boot cloenzilla on the dell and copy the image back … Clonezilla reset the Interface for you i think. (this happens at my own try)

Other Way : try deleting Files in /etc/udev/rules.d and reboot … should work then :-)

Please Report …

atomi23atomi23
                      Participant

@ Paul

Can you upgrade directly from the Gira software ?

I think now becouse its starting grub not dos with the vm image

normally the hs is starting dos than linux2.bat file witch starts the hs4 software
                        if you install dos with 4 partition and extract with 7zip the firmaware.dat file you got all files but you can´t start the hs4 becouse of snr check .

PaulPaul
                        Participant

direct updaite failed … so i take the VM Image from here :-)
                          But this works perfectly

atomi23atomi23
                          Participant

that was i mean , if i add a serial with sset tool to the dell it will not help to boot nativ , we need some kind of fake serial tool or somthing like that how is that problem solved in the vm image ?

wolfman4.0wolfman4.0
                            Participant

You can run HS4.x on ANY hardware with x86 CPU. Just install a 32-bit linux like CentOS 5 (easier than 6 or 7) or debian or similar.
                              Install python and some other prerequisits …
                              It is the same as running a VM.

BUT

you can’t update firmware via expert. You always have to patch it manualy and hope it is still running.

If you want to run the original diskimages (not only binaries, also the unix kernel…) you have to use a mainboard which is 100% compatible with the original. That is because HS runs a very down-trimmed unix kernel which makes it small and stable – but also only supporting exactly one chipset and exactly one network card.
                              Once you have a near-original HS4 it is also firmware upgradeable like the original.

billiboybilliboy
                              Participant

@wolfman
                                And the 100% compatible Motherboard is the Siemens from the first Post?

wolfman4.0wolfman4.0
                                Participant

@billiboy: correct. that is one of the very few boards which support native HS4.0 (upgradeable). I think someone wrote about his success with that board on the main page somewhere between post #1500 and #1850.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.