I repaired a broken Samsung TV (UE55ES8000) last month, however the same instructions should apply to other Samsung models.
The TV made a ‘clicking sound’ all the time and couldn’t turn ON or OFF. The screen stayed black. My first thought was the Power board, a dried capacitor, a (physical) broken part on it or a software problem.
I took the TV from the wall, removed the back cover of it and saw 2 boards: a Power board and a System board. No damage, No dried capacitors, No black/fried parts.. I even tried to clear the EEPROM by shorting the VCC and SDA pin on the systemboard but No success..
Read below how I fixed it.
Luckely I just found a post somewhere from another guy who replaced his power board and didn’t solve the problem, so I tried my luck on a new System board (bought from Ebay for about 130$, model: BN41-01800B, manufactured 2012-02)
After replacing the mainboard, it worked again!
However, I noticed the following:
- The HD channels were somewhere in the 900’s numbers.
- When installing the channels I had the option to select my region: German, Austria, Switzerland. My region (The Netherlands) was not in the list.
- While the clock and timezone were set to AUTO, the clock of the TV was 1 hour behind. So I had to set the timzone manually.
- In the settings menu there is a ‘contact Samsung’ page, it showed the wrong model number. I have a ES8000 and it showed ES7000.
The reason was that the System board I just replaced came from another country (via Ebay) and probably came from a different TV model.
No problem, you can change the model and region of the System board in a secret menu :)
I first tried the tool ruSamsungTVCommunicator but it doesn’t work anymore on the latest firmware like the ‘2021’. Problem is that it doesn’t accept the secret codes via the network interface anymore so I had to use another method using IR:
- Turn Off the TV.
- Press: INFO -> MENU -> MUTE -> POWER (from your remote control). The TV will enter a service menu now, however to UNLOCK the settings in the menu, you need to follow the next steps;
- Look for a Samsung Galaxy Device with an Infrared port on it, i borrowed it from someone since IPads/IPhone’s don’t have such a port. A Galaxy Tab S tablet, Galaxy S3, S4 or S6 phone work fine!
- Download, unpack and install IR Service Remote on your tablet/phone (just open this page from your tablet/phone and click the .apk file in the .zip archive to install. I got this file from the AIO Download App).
- Get in front of the TV with the IR port of the phone/tablet pointed to the TV and press S2 -> S3 (this sends the factory key and the 3 speed key to the TV). Now you can enter and change all settings.
- In the first menu you can see the model and the region. (I changed my model from ES7000 to ES8000 and the REGION to EU_BENELUX). To change it use the left/right arrow keys. Then I choose ‘ Reset to Factory’ from the same menu. The TV went off.
- I turned on the TV and after looking at the small animation I was able to setup my channels in the Dutch order/positions. The settings page showed the correct TV Model and my clock/timezone was fine again.
Thanks to Samygo website for the photo and information.
Hello! I have also a tv ue55 es8000 and i messed up the setings in Service meniu and now i dont have channel option in meniu (the function CHANNEL is greyd) and when i hit enter to select it appear a pop up “this function is not available” the only way is to enter in internet option and selected from there! PLEASE SOME HELP !
hello, I needed to advise, my parents bought a new better TV and they gave us the TV we had. It is SAMSUNG Model Code: UE46F5300AWXZH Version No: TS01 is the model of 2013, and I have a problem that concerns the service menu, I have this menu with the help of -Info-Menu-Mute-Power, the screen showed me the service menu that I used to go through the arrows but unfortunately I had a 7-month granddaughter who loves to push the phones, drivers etc. (I’m afraid I do not know what it was) to squeeze something, and I’ve already seen how it’s up to downloading the update, in fear of ignorance of the update, so I turn off the remote control with the assumption that nothing happens.
Unfortunately, when I wanted the TV to run again so the TV failed to run, I folded the whole machine out of the socket and again after about 1 minute turned on when I noticed that the IR.TV light does not turn on using the button on the TV and can not run even with the driver, so I would like to ask if you know what the problem could be?
I will be grateful for any advice. I tried the “UNBRICK..INFO / MENU / MUTE / POWER / ENTER / DOWN / DOWN / ENTER / LEFT / RETURN / POWER..no working :(
I got my TV’s finally back on the wall, so I will create the screenshots these days.
I stumbled on you page and wanted to ask for a favor..
I Have a ;
Samsung 60″ 2012 Smart TV
Region USA – Central
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE…
Could you take pictures of your Service Menu settings?
I mucked with mine and have never been able to put them back. I messed with them trying to get the wifi working again after the firmware update.
(I know MY BAD- and should have taken pictures before messing in there)
Now the stupid Samsung app keeps updating constantly and rebooting TV.
ANY model of ES8000F series might sufice.. PLEASE PLEASE-
Taking clear pictures of each section shouldn’t take long.
:confuse d:The service manual settings I read don’t jiv correctly.