Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    Participant

The GUI of Home Assistant is very cool, but it fails at the KNX integration, as there is no automated import workflow for devices and group addresses. Also you cannot write directly to KNX but need to use Node-RED or some other tool to connect logic from Home Assistant with KNX.
      But then you can even use Node-RED alone, as Node-RED can also interface with KNX.
      Overall a Homeserver 4 offers much more KNX functionality.

xxxxxx
      Participant

xxx

• This reply was modified 10 months, 1 week ago by xxxxxx.
        sinn3rsinn3r
        Participant

Node-RED <> node.js
          Node-RED is a graphical logic software, that has alot of plugins and also some KNX plugins. The KNX plugin communicates with the IP router/interface to exchange data with the bus, no BAOS needed.
          There are alot of different projects to build own KNX connected devices, which is not hard to do at all, but these devices don’t integrate with ETS for configuration, as you need an expensive license from KNX.org for that.

Sorry I have no idea about ABB fancoil modules, only regular floorheating here, which is very simple to integrate. I even skipped room contollers and only set the heating temperatures of the different rooms with Homeserver QuadClient, as you do not change this very often at all.
          My air conditioning devices don’t have any KNX interfaces but WLAN and are integrated in ioBroker, which is connected to KNX with Node-RED.

xxxxxx
          Participant

xxx

sinn3rsinn3r
            Participant

Hmm, not sure what you mean.
              ETS is for installation only, you don’t use it later to run your KNX.
              The KNX router/interface and you BAOS can transfer data from LAN to KNX using some library or with the BAOS by using simple webservices, that need no library at all.

xxxxxx
              Participant

xxx

xxxxxx
                Participant

xxx

xxxxxx
                  Participant

xxx

sinn3rsinn3r
                    Participant

Hi @asdfasdfasd,
                      did you get the 750mA from the diagnosis of the power supply or by manually calculating the devices or from the ETS calculation?
                      I have a line with 86 devices and the power usage is about 400mA, max. ever was 710mA, which was the powerup usage after a line reset I think.
                      The power supplies can handle short overpowerings.
                      The official way is to add a line coupler in the middle or your bus and add the second power supply in the second line, which makes everything much more complicated.
                      The inofficial way is to add both power supplies to your primary line. This has been discussed in another forum several times.
                      The best way is to diagnose your real power usage and keep relaxed ;)
                      The perfect way is to get one larger power supply (960/1280mA), I prefer Enertex.

xxxxxx
                      Participant

xxx

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by xxxxxx.
                        sinn3rsinn3r
                        Participant

Not sure where you read that 2x 320mA, as long as you don’t use the secondary auxiliary output, it can output 640mA to the bus.
                          It’s a pity you bought a power supply without diagnosis feature, as this would measure the real usage of the devices.

This is what ABB writes:
                          We advise that you ensure your installation complies with the recommendations of the KNX Association and the
                          applicable standards:
                          • Use only one KNX power supply per KNX line.
                          • If the number of KNX devices exceeds the capacity of a KNX power supply, replace the supply with one that has a
                          higher rated current or expand your KNX system with an additional KNX line that has its own KNX power supply.
                          Generally speaking, up to two ABB i-bus® KNX power supplies may be switched in parallel on one KNX line. In such cases, the
                          rated current of the ABB i-bus® KNX power supplies in use does not matter. In other words, two different ABB i-bus® KNX power
                          supplies may be switched in parallel. No minimum spacing is required during installation.
                          Please note (applies to all KNX manufacturers) that parallel switching reduces the overall impedance of a line regardless of rated
                          current. Switching more than two KNX power supplies in parallel also significantly reduces the transmission range of the KNX
                          line.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by sinn3rsinn3r.
                          xxxxxx
                          Participant

xxx

sinn3rsinn3r
                            Participant

I don’t think any device without a display in standby uses 10mA, so I think you are fine.
                              Additionally the power supply won’t die but show you an error when overloaded.

xxxxxx
                              Participant

xxx

xxxxxx
                                Participant

xxx

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 66 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.