Viewing 6 posts - 61 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Yes, all presence sensors I know of have an input for an external switch that overwrites it’s behaviour.

xxxxxx
      Participant

xxx

• This reply was modified 10 months, 1 week ago by xxxxxx.
        sinn3rsinn3r
        Participant

Not sure what you mean exactly, and as everyone here uses Gira Homeserver, which may do everything you want to do (any much more) without any coding and that directly communicates with the bus (without any delays) I still see no reason why you want to do your own webserver-project. I fear you will invest hundrets of hours of your private time and in the end you will switch to some other commercial or open source project and trash all your hard work…
          ;)

xxxxxx
          Participant

xxx

sinn3rsinn3r
            Participant

Yes, you are right, a management app seems very oldschool, but the thing is, most electricians order the device somewhere later in the project, but using the management app they can start building the project long before or even after golive without access to the device.
              Some newer enduser features (like Sonos playlists or the simple when-then logics are configured directly on the homeserver.

When rebooting the HS it reads all flagged group adresses to get the current state. Also you can limit the amount of bus accesses from the homeserver in the configuration to not flood the bus. With a rather high bus rate the homeserver needs about 20 seconds here to get all information from the bus. This is done once per reboot. As the device seldom reboots (only after changing something in the programming) this is not a problem at all. All other reads and writes while running are direct without delay.

xxxxxx
              Participant

xxx

Viewing 6 posts - 61 through 66 (of 66 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.