I needed a proper roof ventilation to cool my server room. Noice (dB) and power usage are the most important factors for me. I tested many options and finally bought a Zehnder/StorkAir MX110 Fan.
This fan is really quiet, has low power usage and you can buy these quite cheap at online auctions, marketplaces or Ebay (around €150-250).
New price is about € 1000,- or even more, depends on the exact model.
Since I want to control it using my own domotics (via KNX, Datec 0-10v Analog Actor based on a temp. sensor), I could grab any model since they all have the same hardware. Other models (MX110 ZMV, WS,..) add a pressure sensor, temperature control,..etc. which I don’t need.
The basic hardware let you control the fan in a lot of ways: on/off, voltage adjusted (0-10v), RS485,..
Below I link all relevant information and software because the people at Zehnder were not always as helpful as you might expect.
- Zehnder/StorkAir MX110-MX320 Specifications (Dutch, PDF)
- Zehnder/Storkair MX Technical Manual (Dutch / French, PDF)
- Zehnder/StorkAir Maintenance Software v2.53 (copy of CD) (Dutch)
- RS-485Connection sheet (Dutch/French, PDF)I DON’T USE THIS ONE, I THINK IT IS WRONG!
No Buy a $4,- Passive RS232 to RS485 convertor (A passive one doesn’t need an additional 5-12V, you can recognize it because it has only 3 connectors: RS-485+, RS-485- and GND).
Connect the RS485+ to pin … on the MX control unit.
Connect the RS485- to pin … on the MX control unit.
Below is the pinout of the MX Controller (click to enlarge)
Question I still have is:
– Does someone know the password to get into ‘Service mode’ ?