Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 195 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Sinn3r danke für das image.

Ich habe es auf VMware Workstation Pro schnell zum Laufen gebracht.
      Kann das auch auf hardware direct arbeiten ohne ein virtuelle Maschine ?
      Oder ist das unbedingt nötig?

Danke,

sinn3rsinn3r
      Participant

Lese Dir doch mal die anderen Threads hier durch, auf bestimmter Hardware läuft das auch mit den Original-Images…

SyproxSyprox
        Participant

Ja ich verstehe es.

Aber ich habe wenig Erfahrung mit VM oder anderen Betriebssystemen außerhalb von Windows.
          Ich habe mehrere Homeserver am Laufen. Dies ist nicht so wichtig. Ich will nur lernen.

Ich liebe es einfach zu sehen, wie es funktioniert.

Außerdem ist Deutsch nicht meine Muttersprache. Aber das ist OK. Gut für Light and Building.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by SyproxSyprox.
          AxxamAxxam
          Participant

Hallo Ihr,

ich brauche bitte Hilfe:
            Ich möchte unter dem aktuellen Ubuntu (21.10) per VMware den hier im ersten Post aktuellen Homeserver (4.11.1) zum Laufen bringen.
            VMware Player 16.2.1 lässt sich ohne Probleme installieren.
            Dann erstelle ich eine neue VM, lade die Disk als SATA Drive.
            Weiter komme ich nicht, weil nach dem Start die Maschine sofort abstürzt. Ich habe 1 oder 2 Prozessoren getestet, Debian 9.X 64 bit ist eingestellt.
            Hat einer eine Idee, woran es liegen könnte?
            Vielen Dank, viele Grüße, Ingo

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by AxxamAxxam.
            sinn3rsinn3r
            Participant

Hallo Ingo,
              ohne Screenshot der Fehlermeldung wird Dir wohl keiner helfen können.
              Ich selber nutze nur Hyper-V und kann zu VMware nichts sagen.
              Viele Grüße
              sinn3r

AxxamAxxam
              Participant

Hallo,
                vielen Dank für die Info.
                Es hat sich erledigt. Hinetrgrund: Ich hatte im Bios die Intel Virtuel Einstellung nicht enabled.
                Danach konnte ich endlich meien alte VMware mit einer 4.4 wieder starten.
                Trotzdem lieben Dank!!

Viele Grüße, Ingo

DomsieDomsie
                Participant

Is there a possibility to re-upload the files. They are now offline.

sinn3rsinn3r
                  Participant

I uploaded the links in the first post.

DomsieDomsie
                    Participant

Thanks for the upload

sinn3rsinn3r
                      Participant

Update auf 4.11.3 im ersten Thread :)

strupp3003strupp3003
                        Participant

Hi guys,

just wanted to let you know I successfully updated from 4.11.1 to 4.11.3 on ESXi.

I also found a little trick to convert the vmdk format (you need at least 2 datastores & a vcenter for this to work):
                          Upload the vmdk file to datastore 1 and do a storage vmotion to datastore 2 changing the format of the disk… i.e. thick-provision eager zeroed

Before doing this, after configuring my VM to use the new disk, the VM wouldn’t boot and instead give me an error regarding the format of the vmdk. After the storage vmotion it booted just fine!

A little request: Would it be possible to include the VMware tools (open-vmtools) package in your next release? I tried for two hours now to install it via the SSH access, but this busybox sh*#!§ is giving me headaches…

Thanks for your great work!

strupp3003strupp3003
                          Participant

and speaking of tweaking the HS a bit – could we also increase the disk size..? 8-16Gb would make it less likely to run into issues when using largere Images / icon sets / data series…

sinn3rsinn3r
                            Participant

@strupp3003 Thanks for your information. I do not use ESXi, but there may be a few that could use this manual. I think they used VMware workstation in the past to import the image to ESXi.

As you already found out, busybox is a really lightweight Linux and can not run much. So I fear it will not be possible to run the vmtools without bigger efforts. But as I already included all necessary drivers I don’t think it will offer much benefit.
                              Keep in mind that the ssh access doesn’t have write access to most of the folders, as they are mounted from a sqs filesystem at boot time.

Also I don’t think it offers much use to increase the disk size. HS before 4.08/4.09 even had only 1GB of data space, this was then increased to more than 3GB by repartitioning. You can always increase the disk space on your own if you really think you need more, but I will leave the image at the default HS-size.

strupp3003strupp3003
                              Participant

Hey sinn3r,

Yes I realized that all changes I tried to make (spent like 2 hours manually installing dependencies..) are reverted on reboot.
                                OK, so I understand it’s a lot of effort and the (little) benefit doesn’t justify it… Thanks for the Feedback!

And probably you’re also right about the resources… I’ve got to much power on my servers and tend to overengineer things -.-

Maybe, when I got some spare time I’ll have a look at the guide for running the HS on a standard Debian…
                                Also, currently I’m happy with your image and the manual install seems a bit hacky to me ^^

Thanks for your work!

surfer6969surfer6969
                                Participant

Hallo,
                                  ich versuche in dem vmdk Image meine Seriennummer einzutragen aber danach fährt der Homeserver gar nicht mehr sauber hoch, er rebootet die ganze Zeit. Ohne die Änderung klappt es. der Hex Editor findet komsicherweise zwei Stellen der Seriennummer, ändere ich beide – dauernd reboot, ändere ich nur die erste zeigt das Bootmenue die ursprüngliche Seriennummer – eine Idee woran das liegt.
                                  Lasse alles auf meiner Synology laufen.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 195 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.